What The Fudge.....!!

Hello there.....


It's been a couple of weeks since I decided to start blogging...And after my first post, I really didn't get the time nor the energy to write down my thoughts.... Being a techie is tough, and then top that off with being a mum... I mean I love both roles but sometimes everything seems to be swirling around you, like you're in the middle of a whirlpool.... and then suddenly it all stops.... and there's silence.... thatz usually when my two and a half year old sleeps... hehe.... :-)

Anyhow in the middle of work, I suddenly long to have something yummy.... Mostly I blame FB and friends for posting pics of tempting treats they have cooked...[ And No I don't blame myself for sneaking way too many peeks at FB during work!] ;-)

I love cooking and whilst managing all my roles, I sometimes like to put on my chefs hat and cook something I've been dreaming of the whole day... Today was one such day, and Chocolate Fudge was on my mind....FUDGE.... I love the sound of that word.... And it gets me all thinking of that grainy crumbly sticky feeling of fudge in my mouth... Wow... I'm salivating...
And I know you guys can't keep your eyes off the picture on the right.... :-)

Ok...So coming to the point finally.. I did prepare some awesome fudge twice this week... I made it two different styles.....The first one was a shortcut and the second one was a more traditional approach... Here are the pics and the recipes for you folks to try out... I recommend the first recipe for those with less time and patience ....Especially mommies on the run...And I find this quick version tastier too.... Ah, when all the stars align....

Chocolate Express Fudge
---------------------------------

400gm Condensed Milk
4 heaped tablespoons of Cocoa Powder(Or 350gm of Dark Chocolate)
3 tablespoons of butter
A pinch salt
Chopped Cashew Nuts                         

Keep aside a square tin greased with a little butter.
Mix the first four ingredients in a saucepan and heat on a low flame until all the ingredients are melted.Add the chopped cashew nuts.
Pour this mixture in the tin. Top with some more chopped nuts. Refrigerate and then cut into squares once set. Enjoy....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traditional Chocolate Fudge